BOISE, Idaho (KTVB) - A 23-year-old man is in a Salt Lake City burn unit after an accident at the Norco gas plant on Gowen Road Tuesday afternoon.

Officials say the man was filling up an acetylene cylinder when it caught fire. The man turned away, but suffered potential third-degree burns on his arm and back. He was taken to Saint Alphonsus in Boise, then transported to Salt Lake City.

Norco officials say they have been filling these types of tanks for more than 30 years, but have never had anything like this happen before. Norco says they will conduct their own internal investigation. OSHA has also been notified of the incident.