Cigarette Caused Fire that Killed Hollister Man
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KTVB) -- The cause of a trailer fire that killed a 52-year-old man last month in Hollister is now known.
The Twin Falls County Sheriff's office says the fire was ignited by a cigarette. Police said that Shawn Silveira had just celebrated his 18th wedding anniversary with his wife, a day before dying in the fire.
The trailer was completely engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived on scene. Investigators say Silveira was sleeping inside the fifth-wheel trailer when the fire broke out.