College Of Southern Idaho Featured Events
Houda Abdul from the College of Southern Idaho stopped by the studios this morning to inform us of the following CSI events:
- Los Angeles Cello Quartet - Arts on Tour brings you this performance tonight at 7:30 in the CSI Fine Arts Auditorium. These four cellists are some of the finest chamber music musicians in the world. Tickets are available at the door for $17 for adults and $10 for students.
- 47th Annual CSI Ski Swap - Friday, November 18th and Saturday, November 19th in the CSI Rec Center. If you have skis, snowboards, or other winter gear you want to sell, bring it to the Rec Center today between 5 and 9 p.m. CSI students will check it in and if it sells during the show, you’ll get 80% of what it sells for – CSI Business students will get 20% for their club. Come shop the great deals at the Ski Swap from 3 to 10 p.m. tomorrow or from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday at the CSI Rec Center.
- Turkey Trot 5K will be at 9 a.m. Thanksgiving morning. This is a non-timed run/walk where participants are encouraged to dress up in costumes and just have fun as they burn off a few calories ahead of their Thanksgiving dinner. Organizers will place some turkeys along the route – if you can carry one to the finish line, it’s yours! At the finish line, all runners and walkers get to ride the CSI Zip Line on the Challenge Course. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Thanksgiving morning at the CSI Expo Center. $20 per person or $60 per family.
- CSI Theater Department brings you ‘Jacob Marley’ from November 30th to December 12th in the Fine Arts Theater. This production tells the story of Scrooge and Ghosts of Christmas. The play will tell you the story from Jacob Marley’s point of view. Join CSI Theater students for Jacob Marley at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays, November 30th to December 12th. Tickets are $10 for adults or $5 for students.
- CSI's Magic Mud Thursday December 1st through December 3rd. This is the CSI Art Department’s annual ceramics and fine art sale in the Student Union building. Students and instructors will have their works of pottery for sale – lots of platters, cups, bowls, vases, serving dishes, and decorative items as well as a few other kinds of art for sale.