Comics Alliance Presents Here’s The Thing Episode 3: Chris And Caleb Talk Tokusatsu
Subscribe to 98.3 The Snake on
If our weekly Ask Chris column isn’t enough of definitive comic book (and pro wrestling) opinions for you, good news: ComicsAlliance is proud to present Here’s The Thing, a series of videos where you can join our own extremely opinionated senior writer, Chris Sims, as he sits in his living room under a framed portrait of Destro, drinking a cup of coffee and sharing his opinion on comic books.
This week, Chris has gone to Portland, Oregon for a discussion of tokusatsu with ComicsAlliance Senior Editor Caleb Goellner! In a 20-minute conversation, they explain why they’re fans of the Japanese live-action supehero genre, what their favorite Power Rangers knockoffs were, and give curious viewers a place to start if they’re interested in learning more about super sentai and Kamen Rider.
- Yes, as one viewer pointed out already, Caleb is dressed exactly like the Red Ranger from Power Rangers Megaforce. I assume this was not on purpose, but you never know.
- Chris and Caleb’s “Spider-Man Japan” reviews of Toei’s Supaidaman.
- Watch Supaidaman yourself for free at Marvel.com!
- Tattoed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills is on DVD for $10. That’s literally 25 cents per episode.
- You can watch Big Bad Beetleborgs on Netflix for… some… reason?
- Find out more about the Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.