Defecating Cyclist Blamed for Sparking Idaho Fire
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say a cyclist started a 73-acre wildfire in southwest Idaho by lighting his toilet paper on fire after taking a comfort break.
U.S. Bureau of Land Management officials say the cyclist stopped to defecate in a ravine in the Boise foothills on Wednesday afternoon. The man then lit the toilet paper on fire but lost control of the embers in the dry grass while trying to extinguishing the waste.
Firefighters contained the flames several hours later.
Investigators say the man contacted them Thursday morning and his story matched the evidence found at the scene.
The BLM did not release the name of the cyclist. However, officials say he will be fined for causing the fire.