How Did You Interpret President Obama’s Statements About Stay-At-Home Mom’s? [VIDEO]
I'm a mom in the workforce and my family and I together decided this. If my family could financially afford to do so, I would work part-time. I can't do that and that's OK.
Deciding to come back to work full-time after my son was born was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I will admit that there are still days when I consider quitting my job and staying home with my child.
Life is full of difficult decisions and making them only makes me a better person. I am so grateful that because I live in America, I can make that decision, no one will make that decision for me.
Recently, President Obama commented on the female workforce, specifically stay-at-home moms.
Here's that video:
I think that President Obama meant well, but he's missing the real issues:
- No matter what you do, parents will still choose to become stay-at-home parents. It's a noble choice. Kid's are amazing and so worth it!
- Encourage men to be stay-at-home parents, my dad was.
- Encourage continued education or part-time work for the stay-at-home parent.
- Deal with the male/female wage gap currently happening.
- Men and women need to know that it's OK to work, but it's OK to stay-at-home too. Do what's right for your family.