Idaho Democratic Caucus Guide 2016
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX)-Idaho Democrats will join together for the 2016 Democratic Caucus Tuesday, March 22nd. According to the Idaho Democrats’ website idahodems.org, caucus sites will open at 5pm Mountain Time, 4pm Pacific Time northern Idaho counties. Doors will close at caucus sites right at 7pm, 6pm in northern Idaho.
The entire process should end at 9pm. MST. Anyone able to vote in Idaho can participate in the caucus. But, if you participated in the Idaho Republican Primary on the 8th you cannot participate in the caucus. If you are an unaffiliated or belong to another party you can join the Democratic Caucus. Voters who back a particular candidate will be seated in designated areas during the sub-caucus process.
Starting at 7pm when doors speakers will rally support for the various candidates to try and sway other voters to their candidate. After some discussion time the first vote will take place. Keep in mind there are some very specific rules you need to follow: Any group that doesn’t have 15% of the vote, will not be allowed to elect delegates. There may be three rounds of voting.
The results after the third round of votes will figure how many delegates each sub-caucus will send to the state convention.
Here is a list of the number of delegates in each Idaho county:
For more information and to see where you can participate in the caucus go to idahodems.org
Tune into News Radio 1310 AM for live coverage if Idaho's Democratic Caucus beginning at 8:30 p.m.
Magic Valley Caucus Sites:
- Twin Falls, College of Southern Idaho Fine Arts Center, 315 Falls Ave., Twin Falls
- Cassia, Burley Inn, 800 Overland Ave., Burley
- Minidoka, Burley Inn, 800 Overland Ave., Burley
- Jerome, El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant Banquet Hall, 143 Main Ave W., Jerome
- Gooding, 145 7th Ave. East, Gooding
- Lincoln, Manhattan Cafe, 133 S. Rail St. W., Shoshone
- Camas, My Home, 822 East Highway 20, Fairfield
- Blaine, Wood River High School Campus Gym, 1250 Fox Acres Rd, Hailey