Is It Wrong to Bribe Your Kids?
I will be the first to admit that before I had children I swore I wasn't going to bribe them. Then I started potty training and out came the candy. By the time my kids started school I was bribing them, or as I like to call it...rewarding them, with toys.
Some parents may disagree with bribing. I think that is awesome and I would like to know how they get their kids to listen to them.
According to a new survey from PR Newswire, 94% of parents bribe their kids to make them behave. Here are the top nine reasons why . . .
1. 66% of parents bribe their kids by finishing their chores.
2. 60% of parents bribe their kids for getting good grades
3. 48% for being good when you bring them shopping
4. 44% during potty training
5. 31% of parents bribe for eating everything on their plate
6. 28% for finishing their homework
7. 18% will bribe their kids to get their kids to stop crying
8. 18% will bribe their kids to make them stop fighting with their siblings
9. 8% bribe their kids to get them to smile for a photo
The number one thing we bribe our kids with is an "experience', like a trip to the movies.