It’s a Halloween Weekend at the College of Southern Idaho [10-25-14]
Saturday, October 25th, 2014 is a BIG day full of Halloween goodness at the College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls!
Enter a carved pumpkin in CSI’s world record pumpkin event!
- Just make sure your pumpkin’s eyes, eyebrows, nose, and mouth are completely carved out – it doesn’t even have to be pretty, just carved out. For each pumpkin you enter, you get a chance to win prizes, including a delux grill from Bish’s RV or a car from Randy Hansen Automotive. We’ll be receiving pumpkins all morning, starting at 6 a.m., in an effort to beat the current record of 1320. It’s free – enter as many as you want! Games for the kids, vendors…winners announced starting at 1 p.m. This is at the front of campus (near Falls Avenue)
The Great Pumpkin 5K:
- Sign up for the Great Pumpkin 5K starting at 9 a.m. near the softball field. This is CSI’s most popular 5K, drawing hundreds of runners and walkers, many of whom show up in Halloween costumes. The entry fee is $30 per person or $10 for kids for the One-Mile Youth Challenge.
Annual Halloween Festival:
- The free, annual Halloween Festival goes from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the CSI Rec Center. Games, prizes, and trick or treating for all kids – free and open to everyone.
Breast Cancer Awareness Nights at the CSI Corn Maze:
- It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Nights tonight and tomorrow at the CSI Corn Maze. Wear pink and your $3 admission price will be donated to St. Luke’s ‘900 Women’ project to provide free mammograms.
- ‘Thriller’ by the CSI Dance Program students is coming up at 4 p.m. next Thursday in the Fine Arts Auditorium. Students have been studying the dance moves in this Michael Jackson classic and they’ve also made their own zombie outfits. Bring the kids for candy – total show length is about 30 minutes. It’s free and open to everyone.