JEROME, Idaho (KLIX) A Jerome family safely escaped a fire that destroyed their home thanks to a recently installed smoke alarm. The Jerome fire chief credits the recent installation of smoke alarms in the home that saved the family of four  “At the end of the day, this is a success, everyone got out safe, the smoke alarms provided just
enough warning for that to happen.” said Fire Chief Tom Hughes. In May the Jerome City and Rural Fire Department teamed up with the American Red Cross to install 392 smoke alarms in 109 homes in Jerome.

The house that burned down on was one of them.  It took about 15 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the fire that happened on 1005 N Buchannan St #18.