Six Groups to Get Hunger Relief Funds in Southern Idaho
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX) The Idaho Food Bank is giving six southern Idaho organizations grants for the fight against hunger.
According to the Food Bank, a total of 34 organizations statewide will benefit from $88,800 in grants working to solve hunger in Idaho. In 2009, the Idaho Legislature established the Idaho Food Bank Fund as a cooperative effort between The Idaho Foodbank, Community Action Partnership Association of Idaho, and Catholic Charities of Idaho.
The donation opportunity has been on the Idaho State Income Tax Form 40 since 2009 allowing taxpayers to designate a donation to the Fund. Grant applications are accepted by any nonprofit that give hunger relief. In previous years, the fund has given out $90,000 in 2015 and $110,496 in 2014.
Here is a list of southern Idaho organizations that will get money from the fund:
- St. Jerome Community Kitchen/Martha & Mary's Food Pantry $3,525
- Twin Falls Senior Center $2,100
- Hagerman Valley Senior and Community Center $415
- Jubilee House, Inc. $1,950
- Open Hearts Food Pantry $3,247
- Ketchum Community Dinners $900