Six Things You Shouldn’t Buy Online
I buy as much as I can locally but, some items aren't offered in the Magic Valley. So, shopping online seems to be a great way to get those "hard to get items." There are however items that you should never buy online.
According to Kiplinger, here are six things you should never buy online:
- Kids' shoes: I am shocked that you aren't suppose to buy shoes online. Apparently, their feet grow too fast, so it's better to try them on first.
- Flowers: You can get a much better bouquet for less money if you go through a local florist.
- Furniture: You need to sit on the furniture before you buy it. It's better to actually sit on it first. And a lot of online furniture stores charge for shipping and tack on a delivery charge and both might not be refundable.
- Musical Instruments: If you're buying a cheap guitar for your kid, that's fine. But if you want something good, it's worth the extra money to go to a music store and make sure it sounds the way you want it to. Plus, it could get damaged in the mail.
- Rugs: This one shocked me because I love to buy my rugs online. They say that it's hard to tell what the exact color of the rug is from a picture. You should also be able to touch the rug before you buy it.
- Mattresses: It's a really expensive purchase, so you want to lie on it first. But not just because of the expense you spend so much of your life sleeping, buying a mattress is the one purchase you don't want to cut corners on.
Have you purchased any of these items online?