Swift N Sassy Band VS The Barking Owls: Repeat It Or Delete It – Week Nine
Repeat It Or Delete It is back and now it’s time to vote! Two Bands Enter, One Band Leaves! It’s up to you on who gets repeated and who gets deleted this year! Vote now!
What are you waiting for? VOTE NOW!
Swift N Sassy Band has a Heart-like sound and is chick-led by Ms. Sassy Lee (lead vocals/ guitar), then there’s Stephanie AKA the Stephanator (bassist/vocals), A~Ridge (drum/vocals), and last but NOT least GuitarKin (lead guitarist/vocals).
In the brief time I spent with Swift N Sassy Band, I learned that they like to party, tequila is their drink of choice, however, they are VERY serious about their music. Yes, they’re rock stars. Speaking of tequila, according to Ms. Sassy Lee, she said that the band takes a lucky shot of tequila before every show. Keep it up ladies!
Want more Swift N Sassy Band? Download their app!
Or check them out live!
- Sept 14th & 15th they will be playing at Cal’s Log Tavern! This is the first time for a band will play at this venue! Whoo Hoo!
- Sept 29th they will be playing at Boda’s Bar & Grill In Hollister from 8AM till Midnight.
Here’s my interview with Sassy and her band Swift N Sassy Band:
Here’s Swift N Sassy Band’s “Crank It Up Loud”:
Please meet “The Barking Owls” from Kimberly, Idaho:
The Barking Owls plays an original blend of music, drawing from pop, folk, rock, country, and bluegrass. The band’s diversity of styles is reflected in the variety of instruments used to support their literate hooks and vocal harmonies, including guitar, banjo, mandolin, bass, harmonica, and various percussive instruments. The Barking Owls is currently working on their first recording project.
The Barking Owls have a very cool sound and very unique. Which is why I think I enjoy their music so much. Actually, they pegged themselves as “Grunge-Grass.” Sounds like something illegal to me, but I like it!
“The Barking Owls” is a four-piece:
- Erik Wenninger vocals, guitar
- Andy Cluff banjo, mandolin, vocals
- Adam Crofts bass, upright bass, vocals
- Karl Sloth drums, percussion
- And the co-song writer, who shall remain name-less.
See them for yourselves at Cucina Gemelli’s in Twin Falls this Saturday…check out all their show dates here.
“The Barking Owls” interview:
Here’s “The Barking Owl’s” Song “Long Tall Country Boy”:
The first time I saw “The Barking Owls” in action was at Beer Fest last month. I was drunk and inappropriate and they were really good!
- Tonight’s show (Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 at 7PM) will re-air this Saturday (September 15th, 2012) at 6PM.
- Voting closes at midnight on Monday, September 17th.
- VOTE NOW!