The Barking Owls VS Combat Mind Virus: Repeat It Or Delete It – Week Twelve
What are you waiting for? VOTE NOW!
First off meet “The Barking Owls” from Kimberly, Idaho:
The Barking Owls plays an original blend of music, drawing from pop, folk, rock, country, and bluegrass. The band’s diversity of styles is reflected in the variety of instruments used to support their literate hooks and vocal harmonies, including guitar, banjo, mandolin, bass, harmonica, and various percussive instruments. The Barking Owls is currently working on their first recording project.
The Barking Owls have a very cool sound and very unique. Which is why I think I enjoy their music so much. Actually, they pegged themselves as “Grunge-Grass.” Sounds like something illegal to me, but I like it!
“The Barking Owls” is a four-piece:
- Erik Wenninger vocals, guitar
- Andy Cluff banjo, mandolin, vocals
- Adam Crofts bass, upright bass, vocals
- Karl Sloth drums, percussion
- And the co-song writer, who shall remain name-less.
See them for yourselves…check out all their show dates here.
“The Barking Owls” interview:
Here’s “The Barking Owl’s” Song “Long Tall Country Boy”:
The first time I saw “The Barking Owls” in action was at Beer Fest last month. I was drunk and inappropriate and they were really good!
Next up is Hagerman, Idaho’s own Combat Mind Virus. This is Combat Mind Virus’ second year on Repeat It Or Delete It.
I would classify them as hard and VERY pro-military. Actually, I believe most of their songs are about the military, both the good and the bad.
The band consists of (Left to Right):
- Bryce Egbert – Bass/Vocals
- Shane Silonis – Drums
- Chad Kelly – Guitar/Vocals
Check them out live TONIGHT at Diamondz Bar in Jerome!
Here Shane Silonis explain more about what Combat Mind Virus is all about:
Here is Combat Mind Virus’ song, “Searching Through The Dead:
- Tonight’s show (Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 at 7PM – after the BSU Coach’s show at 6PM) will re-air this Saturday (October 6th, 2012) at 6PM…after the BSU Football game.
- Voting closes at midnight on Monday, October 8th.
- VOTE NOW!