The Biggest Box Office Busts Of 2016
2016 had some great movies and it also had some that stunk so bad we'll be smelling them into 2017.
There are a few ways to determine if a movie is terrible. You can go based on how much money it makes compared to cost of production, you can base it off of critic and public reviews, or you can just watch it yourself and you may end up loving a movie that everyone else hates.
I can tell you that in 2016 I only went to the Magic Valley Cinema 13 three times. I saw Captain America - Civil War and really liked it on the giant screen there. I also saw Suicide Squad and Assassin's Creed and kind of wish I would have waited for the rental and saved $20. I rented Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and liked it a lot, but that may be because Lily James is hot. Anyways, as LeVar Burton says in Reading Rainbow...
The only 'sciency' way to do it though is the first way - let the money talk. Note that some of these have not been out very long and may end up making or passing their goal, but until then they go on the bad list.
- Keeping Up With The Joneses - made 3.8 million
- Morgan - made 800 thousand
- Bad Santa 2 - lost 3.3 million
- Deepwater Horizon - lost 3.4 million
- Ben-Hur - lost 6 million
- Snowden - lost 7.7 million
- Pride And Prejudice And Zombies - lost 11.6 million
- Max Steel - lost 13.7 million
- Jane Got A Gun - lost 22 million
- Free State Of Jones - lost 24 million