Tricks to Get Your Spouse to Stop Snoring
Most nights I wake up in the middle of the night because either my husband or my dog is snoring. Usually a little push is enough to stop the snoring but I would rather not be waken up at all. So I found some tips on how to get your spouse to STOP snoring!
1. Sing along to the radio. According to the Daily Mail a study in 2013 found that people who sing a lot are less likely to snore, because it strengthens your throat muscles.
2. Sew a tennis ball into the back of a t-shirt. Sleeping on a tennis ball won't do anything, but the point is you WON'T sleep on it. You're just much more likely to snore if you're on your back. And the tennis ball forces you to sleep on your side instead.
3. Exercise your tongue. This sounds extremely weird but strengthening your tongue can stop you from snoring. One exercise is trying to stick your tongue out and touch your chin.
4. Place a big book under your mattress. If the book is under your head, it forces you to sit up a little, which can stop you from snoring.
5. Get rid of dust and other allergens in your room.
6. Wear compression socks. It can help with sleep apnea, because it prevents fluid from building up in your lower legs during the day. A recent study found that when you lie down, that fluid can shift to your neck area, and make you snore.