Twin Falls Police Seek Person of Interest
Do you know this person of interest? Or the person who owns or drives this vehicle? On 10/20/2015 at approximately 14:43 hrs the male passenger exited this vehicle, walked to the front door of the residence where a package had been delivered to the front door.
The male subject made eye contact with the camera near the front door. After a few second pause, the male subject then retreated back to the vehicle. That same afternoon, a next door neighbors had multiple packages stolen that had been delivered to their front doors.
The Twin Falls Police would like to speak with this male subject. If you happen to know anything about his identity please contact the Twin Falls Police Department (208) 735-4357 or send them a PM via facebook.
You can view the entire video of the event at this link.
Here are some safety tips to help prevent package delivery theft:
1. Use your workplace as the shipping address or ship to a location where someone is always home.
2. Track your shipments by phone or online so that you know what day they should arrive. If friends/relatives are sending something, ask them to send you the tracking number.
3. Be a good neighbor and keep an eye out for packages that were delivered to neighboring houses.
4. Report suspicious persons and vehicles sitting or cruising around your neighborhood right away to the Twin Falls Police Department. During the holidays, thieves drive around looking for packages left on porches to steal. If you are able to, try to get a license plate of the vehicle and a good description of the suspicious person(s).
5. If you can’t pick up your mail or have a package scheduled for delivery, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to pick it up for you. Request a signature delivery option if available, or request the shipment be held at the shipping facility.
6. If you do not receive your shipment on time, check with the company of origin and confirm the delivery. If the item was delivered and you did not receive it, then report the theft or loss to the original company, the shipping company, and the Twin Falls Police Department.
7. If you do get a package stolen and you have video surveillance cameras, make sure to check the footage for possible suspect leads and provide this information to the Twin Falls Police Officers investigating the case.