Upcoming Events at the College of Southern Idaho [11-25-14]
Here's a couple of events coming up soon at the College of Southern Idaho.
Turkey Trot 5K
- Registration for the annual Turkey Trot 5K run/walk will begin at 8 AM on Thanksgiving morning (11/27/14) in the Expo Center parking lot. The race begins at 9 AM. Find a frozen turkey along the route and if you can carry it to the finish line, it’s yours to keep. All participants get to ride the CSI zipline at the end of the race. $20 per person or $60 for a family of four.
- The CSI Theater Department’s next production is ‘Fruitcakes,’ an endearing story of a runaway who gets stranded in a town of – you guessed it – fruitcakes. He comes to find out though, that these nutty characters are among the best he’s ever known. 7:30 PM Wednesdays through Saturdays, December 3rd through the 13th. $8 for adults and $6 for students.
CSI Late Night Registration
- Are you thinking of becoming a CSI student but it’s tough to get to the campus by 5 p.m. to get started? CSI will hold another Late Night Registration from 5 PM to 9 PM on Thursday, December 4th in the Student Union. We’ll have advisors and career counselors there to answer your questions – free refreshments and activities for the kids, too.
Concert Pianists, Del Parkinson Performs Live
- One of Idaho’s finest concert pianists, Del Parkinson from Boise State University, will present another show at the Herrett Forum at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, December 3rd. Admission is free of charge. This is always a popular performance, so it’s best to get your seat early.
CSI Woodworking Auction
- The CSI Woodworking Program will hold its annual fundraising auction at 2 PM on Saturday, December 6th at the Herrett Center. Lots of beautiful, handmade furniture, decorations, and other items for sale. You can see them at the Herrett Center starting Friday, December 5th.