VIDEO: Fire Damages Jerome Home
Jerome, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) - An early morning fire ripped through a Jerome home Sunday.
Fire Chief Tom Hughes said the fire was reported at 6:09 a.m. The blaze heavily damaged the area between the kitchen and bathroom. Chief Hughes said the fire appears to be accidental or unintentional but they are continuing to investigate.
The fire at 909 South Burch has displaced four people. About 50-percent of the home was burned or damaged by the heat, while the rest was severely damaged by smoke. The Chief said that probably 100-percent of the contents of the home were damaged by smoke and heat. The Red Cross has been called in to assist. The total value lost has not been determined.