City of Twin Falls Seeks Applicants for Four Vacancies
The City of Twin Falls is seeking candidates to fill four vacancies on the Planning and Zoning Commission.
(tfid.org) The main responsibilities of the commission are as follows:
• Review all proposed amendments to City Zoning and Subdivision Regulations and make recommendations to the council
• Conduct a comprehensive planning process to prepare, implement, review and update a comprehensive plan as required by law
• Hear and decide requests for land use permits under the conditions specified by City Zoning and Subdivision Regulations
• Hear and decide appeals for alleged errors in process, requirement, decision, interpretation or determination made by the administrator
• Authorize variances in Zoning and Subdivision Regulations that will not be contrary to the public interest where, owing to special conditions, nor result in unnecessary hardship
Commissioners serve three-year terms and meet three times each month. These meetings include a work session on the first Wednesday of each month during a lunch hour, as well as two regularly scheduled evening meetings beginning at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month.
Applicants must have been residents of Twin Falls County for two (2) continuous years preceding their appointment; shall be residents of the City of Twin Falls at the time of appointment; and must remain residents of the city during the term of office to which they are appointed.
The Mayor will appoint a commissioner with the confirmation of the Twin Falls City Council. Residents interested in serving on the commission are encouraged to submit a letter of interest with qualifications and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org , or fax it to 208-736-2641, or mail it to P.O. Box 1907, Twin Falls, Idaho 83303, by Monday, Jan. 22, 2018.