Top 5 Dumbest Idaho Laws You Didn’t Know Still Existed
In Idaho, we have a unique way of looking at things and that includes our laws. Dumb Laws.com and Stupid Laws.com have chronicled some of the dumbest laws that are still on the books. It was a hard decision, but here are the top 5 dumb laws you can still get busted for in Idaho.
5. It is illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than 50 pounds.
I would imagine most women would have no problem with this one at all. So, come Valentine's Day, better make sure you have a pack mule rented fellas cause you're gonna need helping getting that keg of chocolate home.
4. You may not fish from the back of a camel
Fishing for rainbow trout in Filer Pond is just not gonna be the same without our trusty camels.
3. If a police officer approaches a vehicle and suspects that the occupants are involved in intimacy, he must either honk or flash his lights and wait for 3 minutes before approaching the vehicle.
Three minutes? Someone writing these laws is greatly overestimating the romantic abilities of us Idaho men.
2. Snakes have been banned from biting people on Sunday - unless it's snowing.
Run across a Western Rattlesnake while hiking? No problem. Unless of course you do it in a snowstorm. To add insult to injury, the stupid snakes refuse to pay their fines when this law is ignored.
1. Lawyers must not charge widows a fee when moving a piano from one room to another.
The idea that a lawyer would not charge a fee for something borders on the unbelievable. But, now that I know that it's illegal for a lawyer to charge a widow for piano moving, I now must locate a widow and give her a piano so we can make a lawyer do this.