Jerome Elementary School Gas Leak May Become Criminal Investigation
JEROME, Id. ( KMVT/KSVT) Late Monday evening, police and fire crews were called to Jerome’s Horizon Elementary in the 900 block of 10th Avenue East.
According to Sergeant James Baker a neighbor to the school said there was a hissing noise from the school.
When crews arrived, they discovered a broken gas valve on the outside of the building. Tuesday morning, Byron Defenbach with Intermountain Gas Company said that they discovered deliberate damage had been done to a relief valve on the meter at the school. Repairmen from the gas company repaired the broken valve making it safe for students to go to school Tuesday.
Classes at the school went on as normal Tuesday.