GEORGETOWN, Idaho (AP) — Bear Lake County authorities say two Blackfoot men died after breathing in toxic fumes while they were working on the Georgetown sewer system.

The Idaho State Journal reports 46-year-old Trent Sorensen and 19-year-old Bo Taylor died Thursday while trying to repair a leak inside a manhole. Sheriff's department officials say one man collapsed in chest-deep water, and the second man was overcome by fumes when he attempted to rescue his co-worker.

The men worked for Taylor Construction of Blackfoot. They were pronounced dead at a Montpelier hospital.